How can I submit an article to Training magazine?
We do not accept feature articles from industry professionals for the print magazine in order to preserve the separation between editorial and advertising/consulting (all the print feature articles are written by journalists).
We do run one How-To (550 words; tips focus) and 2 Soapbox (1,200 words; case study or trends focus) columns in each of the 6 print issues; those are written by industry professionals. Editor-in-Chief Lorri Freifeld assigns those columns when she creates the editorial calendar in May/June for the following year. You can propose a column topic by e-mailing Lorri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also do accept articles written by industry professionals for our Website, www.trainingmag.com.
Our online guidelines are as follows:
- Articles run 1,000 words or less.
- Articles must have a how-to/tips or case study focus (challenge-solutions-results format).
- Articles can’t be promotional (but can include an author bio, company description, and contact information).
- Articles can’t have been printed or published elsewhere previously; once posted on our site, they must remain original to our site for 3 months and then can be submitted elsewhere.
- Articles must be submitted in regular Word (.doc) format or pasted into the body of an e-mail.
- Articles must be accompanied by a signed copy of our writer’s agreement (please note we do not provide financial compensation for online articles).
Articles should be submitted to Editor-in-Chief Lorri Freifeld via e-mail at email@example.com. She schedules articles to post as she receives them and generally has articles scheduled out for at least 4 months.
How can I obtain copyright permission to use an article?
Contact the Copyright Permissions Copyright Clearance Center at 978.750.8400; firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I obtain a reprint of a print article or pdf of a digital article?
Contact The YGS Group, Anastasia Minichino at 717.430.2268 or email@example.com
Who do I submit new products/services press releases to?
E-mail them to Editor-in-Chief Lorri Freifeld at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will take them into consideration for a news item in either the Training Today section of the magazine or an upcoming edition of the Inside Training e-newsletter.
Who do I contact to pitch a potential article source?
E-mail Editor-in-Chief Lorri Freifeld at email@example.com and she will pass along the information to the appropriate writer.