Four Challenges that can Make or Break Survey Research
Webinar Recording Details
Date and TimeTue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern
Want Access?Register to view the recording.
Surveys and questionnaires are common instrument used to collect data of all types. Whether evaluating a training program or assessing organizational climate, self-administered surveys are a tool with which we must contend. This webcast presents the four basic, but critical, challenges that can make or break a successful survey project. Upon completion of this session, you will be able to
- Determine the best approach for giving all potential respondents an opportunity to respond
- Determine when to sample versus surveying the entire population
- Calculate the sample size given the size of the population
- Calculate the appropriate number of responses required, given the size of your target group
- Improve the accuracy of responses by following the tips provided for asking the right questions the right way
About Patti Phillips, Ph.D.
Patti P. Phillips, Ph.D. is CEO of ROI Institute, Inc., the leader in measurement, evaluation, and the use of ROI in learning and development. The author or editor of more than 75 books, Patti conducts workshops and presents at conferences throughout the world. Patti serves on the board of Center for Talent Reporting and is an ATD CPLP Certification Institute Fellow. She also serves on the faculty of the UN System Staff College in Turin, Italy, and The University of Southern Mississippi’s Ph.D. in Human Capital Development program, where she helps human resources and learning practitioners develop capability in measurement, evaluation, and human capital analytics. Her work has been featured on CNBC, EuroNews, and in over a dozen business journals.