Going Beyond Zoom to Deep Learning and Application
Date and TimeThu, Dec 09, 2021 at 12PM Pacific / 3PM Eastern
Can't Attend?Register and we'll send you the recording after the webinar.
The "Sign in" link will NOT appear until one hour before the webinar start time.
The first generation of virtual learning tools, like Zoom, and others are presentation types that are well suited for surface learning. However, virtual instructors are frustrated with the limitations of one-to-many lecture virtual tools. These tools easily fall into the category of “boring” or “waste-of-time” sessions.
In this webinar, you will learn insights on how to design and deliver your virtual learning programs while you use mature and advanced platform software.
Topics to cover:
- How do you design deep learning virtual training experiences?
- How do you use the “Deep Learning Design Process”?
- Why most virtual training is limited by platforms and software?
- Why and when to use presentation type tools like Zoom, and when to find deeper learning tools?
- How do you combine your design and platform to achieve: deep conversations, reflections, collaboration, activity metrics, pre and post activities, feedback, coaching and journaling?
- How to support hands-on remote learning, brainstorming, and problem solving?
- How to “hack”, “rig”, or “hodge-podge” your own platform to deliver deep learning experiences?
Join the webinar and receive Ray’s 20 Micro Videos on Virtual Training.
About Ray Jimenez, Ph.D.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. As a management consultant, Ray has worked with various experts from different domains and industries. Over the past few years Ray has been dedicated to the development and creation of https://www.situationexpert.com/. Ray is the author of Microlearning for Disruptive Results (soon to be released), Microlearning Impacts Report, 3-Minutes eLearning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and Story-Based eLearning Design.
Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education and California Institute of Technology, to name a few. He is the Chief Learning Officer of www.VignettesLearning.com and architect of https://www.trainingmagnetwork.com/. He has taught at the University of California, Irvine; University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas; Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences.
Workshop participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-based eLearning Design.”
Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop
Microlearning for Disruptive Results Online Workshop
Story-Based eLearning Design Online Workshop