Create Business Impacts - Understand What Matters to your Boss
Date and TimeThu, Aug 26, 2021 at 12PM Pacific / 3PM Eastern
Can't Attend?Register and we'll send you the recording after the webinar.
The "Sign in" link will NOT appear until one hour before the webinar start time.
This is a perennial problem among L&D professionals. Somehow, we are lost in the shuffle.
In this webinar, Ray will share his consulting toolkit and experience on how to understand the business mindset. The Business Impacts Framework will help you discover where to find the correct targets inside your business and how to use your expertise in design, development, and delivery to create results. This webinar takes you to a “real sample” to understand the business mindset.
Topics to cover:
- Why is training often thought of as the “dispensable cost” department?
- What is the difference between the L&D mindset and business mindset?
- What is the The Business Impacts Framework?
- What are business impacts and how do these areas drive your learning and training solutions?
- Flow and speed
- Costs and yields
- Technology disruptions
- Errors and returns
- Payback, profits, and costs
- Capital, balance sheet
- Customers, suppliers, and shareholders
- Materials, equipment, people, processes
- How to estimate the business impacts of your learning and training projects?
- What to do when your leadership has very antiquated beliefs based on century-old learning principles?
- How to ask questions to your boss to keep a business mindset?
- Why is it essential for your survival to have the “business impacts” mindset?
Below you will see the Business Impacts Framework. These are areas that your bosses’ mindsets are focused on. Where and how will your training and learning programs impact the business? Please post your insights. Thank you.
About Ray Jimenez, Ph.D.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. As a management consultant, Ray has worked with various experts from different domains and industries. Over the past few years Ray has been dedicated to the development and creation of https://www.situationexpert.com/. Ray is the author of Microlearning for Disruptive Results (soon to be released), Microlearning Impacts Report, 3-Minutes eLearning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and Story-Based eLearning Design.
Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education and California Institute of Technology, to name a few. He is the Chief Learning Officer of www.VignettesLearning.com and architect of https://www.trainingmagnetwork.com/. He has taught at the University of California, Irvine; University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas; Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences.
Workshop participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-based eLearning Design.”
Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop
Microlearning for Disruptive Results Online Workshop
Story-Based eLearning Design Online Workshop