Can Empathetic, Caring IDs and Trainers Help Avoid Loneliness in Remote Learning?
Date and TimeThu, Jul 16, 2020 at 12PM Pacific / 3PM Eastern
Want Access?Register to view the recording.
We are experts in designing and delivering content; however, more often than not, most eLearning and virtual training are devoid of empathetic experiences. As a result, the learners fail to experience the sincerity, trust and helpfulness of the trainers and designers. As suggested by experts, remote learning and eLearning are very LONELY learning experiences. This is unfortunate because we are unable to motivate learners due to a lack of warmth, a sense of care and empathy. On the other hand, we also have this great opportunity to make our design and delivery highly "caring, empathetic, trusting, respectful and appealing.” This creates harmonious and reflective learning.
Topics to cover...
- What is the main source of very impersonal and lonely remote learning and eLearning?
- What do expert studies suggest about loneliness and what can be done with the problem?
- What special changes can be implemented in learning design and delivery during the Covid-19 times?
- What and how can you incorporate design and delivery elements to help learners deal with the stress of demands in new Covid-19 situations, and the accompanying work dislocation, stress and adjustments?
- How do you learn your own "empathy quotient”?
- What are the examples of eLearning and virtual training that shows empathy, care, harmony and productive learning?
About Ray Jimenez, Ph.D.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. As a management consultant, Ray has worked with various experts from different domains and industries. Over the past few years Ray has been dedicated to the development and creation of https://www.situationexpert.com/. Ray is the author of Microlearning for Disruptive Results (soon to be released), Microlearning Impacts Report, 3-Minutes eLearning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and Story-Based eLearning Design.
Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education and California Institute of Technology, to name a few. He is the Chief Learning Officer of www.VignettesLearning.com and architect of https://www.trainingmagnetwork.com/. He has taught at the University of California, Irvine; University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas; Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences.
Workshop participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-based eLearning Design.”
Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop
Microlearning for Disruptive Results Online Workshop
Story-Based eLearning Design Online Workshop