Learn How to Avoid "Crisis of Emptiness" in eLearning
Date and TimeWed, Nov 06, 2013 at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern
Want Access?Register to view the recording.
We perceive a crisis in emptiness. Page turning, clicking through pages and yawning are symptoms of a lack of commitment on the part of learners.
The common complaint from eLearners is that intimacy and empathy, helpfulness and support are absent. This creates a disconcerting experience that leads to delays and resistance to a successful implementation of eLearning projects.
In this session, you will learn practical and useful best practices to ensure the elevation of your eLearning design and delivery from sheer loneliness and apathy to curiosity, engagement and better learning.
Topics to cover:
- What are the psychological research findings that show the impacts of emptiness and loneliness in both eLearning and online learning?
- What are the inherent flaws in eLearning design and delivery and what needs to be done about them?
- What are the phases of a “cathartic learning” experience? How do you move the learner from loneliness or emptiness to wrath, from isolation to discovery and from lack of involvement to commitment?
- How do you design an eLearning that scales from the linear design to “persuasive design” to “commitment design”?
- How do you convert emptiness and loneliness into opportunities for continued learning applications?
About Ray Jimenez, Ph.D.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. As a management consultant, Ray has worked with various experts from different domains and industries. Over the past few years Ray has been dedicated to the development and creation of https://www.situationexpert.com/. Ray is the author of Microlearning for Disruptive Results (soon to be released), Microlearning Impacts Report, 3-Minutes eLearning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and Story-Based eLearning Design.
Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education and California Institute of Technology, to name a few. He is the Chief Learning Officer of www.VignettesLearning.com and architect of https://www.trainingmagnetwork.com/. He has taught at the University of California, Irvine; University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas; Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences.
Workshop participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-based eLearning Design.”
Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop
Microlearning for Disruptive Results Online Workshop
Story-Based eLearning Design Online Workshop