How to make Technical & Compliance Training and eLearning Fun and Engaging
Date and TimeWed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern
Want Access?Register to view the recording.
Technical and compliance eLearning can be fun and definitely help people learn when we shift the design by focusing less on just the technical view and instead, considering the learner’s perspective. This webinar will present ideas on how to make this shift possible.
Topics to cover:
- Kill the myth that technical and compliance eLearning has to be boring
- Persuade technical writers or experts to shift focus: from technical to learner’s view
- Assess your program’s point of view to achieve a high impact response
- Locate “context-driven content” – those that add usefulness to procedures, policies, software, guides, assistive tools, forms, statistics, legal and citations, etc.
- Discover, focus and use “work around” content - troubleshooting, incidents, crisis, defects, rejects, returns, complains, etc.
- Use techniques to engage learners: cases, scenarios, applications
- Convert techno-geek and legalese language into understandable, digestible form for non-technical people
- Demos and examples of engaging technical and compliance programs
To be received in advance: PRE-WEBINAR STUDY KIT, white papers, demos and examples
About Ray Jimenez, Ph.D.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. As a management consultant, Ray has worked with various experts from different domains and industries. Over the past few years Ray has been dedicated to the development and creation of https://www.situationexpert.com/. Ray is the author of Microlearning for Disruptive Results (soon to be released), Microlearning Impacts Report, 3-Minutes eLearning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and Story-Based eLearning Design.
Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education and California Institute of Technology, to name a few. He is the Chief Learning Officer of www.VignettesLearning.com and architect of https://www.trainingmagnetwork.com/. He has taught at the University of California, Irvine; University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas; Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences.
Workshop participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-based eLearning Design.”
Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop
Microlearning for Disruptive Results Online Workshop
Story-Based eLearning Design Online Workshop