Top 5 Keys to Employee Engagement through Supervisor Development
Date and TimeThu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9AM Pacific / 12PM Eastern
Want Access?Register to view the recording.
In a new Training Magazine webinar, Dale Carnegie Training reveals results of its cross industry, in-depth study of 1,500 employees to explore engagement in the workplace. The research reveals several surprises and five practical approaches managers can use to increase employee enthusiasm, empowerment, confidence and value to their organization.
Here are some highlights of the research:
- Supervisors showing respect for their employees is not enough. Find out what actually works.
- Over one in four employees (28%) felt a negative emotion from their interaction with their supervisor, and only 10% of these employees were engaged with the organization.
- Two-thirds of employees do not believe their managers care about them personally, and only 17% of them are engaged.
- Employees aged 40-49 often become less engaged, find out why and what you can do about it.
By attending this session, you will:
- Identify which behaviors of front line managers have the most significant impact on their employees' levels of engagement
- Make sure your supervisor development programs focus on shaping the right practical approaches
- Learn ways to efficiently develop the skills of your front line managers by capitalizing on virtual instruction and collaboration tools and techniques
- Get the latest white paper summarizing this groundbreaking research.
- Interact with Dale Carnegie's subject matter experts on leadership development and online development
About Kevin Sensenig
In his role as Vice President of Learning and Development, Kevin is responsible for protecting, developing and extending the Herrmann International product line related to the HBDI® and Whole Brain® Thinking. He works in concert with the Herrmann Global affiliates' certified practitioner network to design and implement new products, services and tools to move application of the HBDI® in strategic directions. Kevin brings 25 years of experience in management, leadership, education and training for organizations.
As Global Vice President of Learning and Organization Development with Dale Carnegie & Associates, Inc., Kevin worked with the global network of franchise owners, trainers and salespeople to develop new products, support the trainer network and enhance the customer experience through assessment solutions. As the CEO & Managing Director for JR Rodgers & Associates, Inc., Dale Carnegie Systems®, Kevin led a national sales and delivery team with offices in Pittsburgh, Milwaukee and Las Vegas. He supported senior executives in growing their businesses and developing their people. Kevin specialized in organization assessment, strategic facilitation elated to business planning and business succession, and business training and coaching.