The Modern Subject Matter Expert (SME):
Agile, Responsive and Digital
Date and TimeWed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12PM Pacific / 3PM Eastern
Want Access?Register to view the recording.
How does one become a modern SME? How does an SME re-skill for the new rapidly changing workplace?
In this session, Ray will cover the following topics:
- What are the expertise models that SMEs use? Which ones are dated and which ones are new trends?
- How is knowledge transfer changing and how does this impact the way workers and learners learn?
- What are the skills of the modern SME - the outlook, the packaging of knowledge, the tools, the delivery and transfer options.
- What jobs and roles do the modern SMEs start to embrace?
About Ray Jimenez, Ph.D.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. As a management consultant, Ray has worked with various experts from different domains and industries. Over the past few years Ray has been dedicated to the development and creation of https://www.situationexpert.com/. Ray is the author of Microlearning for Disruptive Results (soon to be released), Microlearning Impacts Report, 3-Minutes eLearning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and Story-Based eLearning Design.
Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education and California Institute of Technology, to name a few. He is the Chief Learning Officer of www.VignettesLearning.com and architect of https://www.trainingmagnetwork.com/. He has taught at the University of California, Irvine; University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas; Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences.
Workshop participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-based eLearning Design.”
Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop
Microlearning for Disruptive Results Online Workshop
Story-Based eLearning Design Online Workshop
About Johnny Hamilton
- PSJH being ranked #7 in the US for learning innovation (2019) by Learning! Magazine
- Brandon Hall awards for Best Approach to Innovation (2018) and Best Advance in Leadership Simulation Tools (2017)
- Recognition as a 2016 Learning Champion (High Performer) by Learning! Magazine for his contributions to the learning industry
He has written three white papers in the learning and innovation space including:
- The Future of Workplace Learning is Now (How AI and analytics disrupt how we learn and impact business)
- This Is What Happens When Microlearning Meets Augmented Reality
- A New Learning Design Using Alexa Voice User Interface